Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011 here I come!



To say that I'm excited for the 2011 Triathlon season is an understatement. 2010 was a challenging year in the sense that it was full of constant change. I'm very blessed to be able to say most of this change was for the good. The big list of changes include a move to San Antonio, my wife graduating from college, buying our first house, getting our new puppy, a new Job, and making many new friends. Now looking at 2011, I believe this will be a year of firsts. My first race as a professional triathlete, my wife's first Ironman, new sponsors, a coach, and many more. I believe when looking at the changes of 2010 and the firsts awaiting in 2011; I'm in a wonderful situation that could allow for great growth and success. Take me moving to San Antonio; I've been outside for many 3 hour rides the last few months, back in Iowa I'd be trying to motivate myself through a trainer ride. A new job has allowed me to have all my weekends for training and racing which contributed largely to me being able to qualify for my elite racing card. Lots of opportunities this year and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of them.

I've posted my tentative race schedule for 2011 under the "2011 Tour" tab and am looking forward to some of the challenges these races will present both in the form of logistics and awesome competition. Check out the races and let me know if you're attending, It would be great to chat with some friendly people in transition.

My big goal for 2011 is to progress into a legit Pro. A guy that can toe the line in any race and have a chance to score some prize money. My approach this year is going to be not worrying so much about my big goal but focus on the little ones, most importantly the work out that lies 1 or 2 hours in front of me. I'm confident if I can knock down these everyday little goals the big one will fall into place.

Good luck to everyone as you pursue your own goals this season and look forward to seeing you out on the race course or beer tent afterward :)


3 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best for your neo-pro season Wes! I think you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I'm betting your winter gains class will be helping the bike times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are looking forward for a great 2011 season! Thank you for wearing our colors.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts