Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Winter Gains to Racing Gains


If you're like me winter can be a challenging trianing time with little daylight and low motivation. This year I mixed it up a little on the cycling end. I had the pleasure of getting my tail handed to me every Tuesday night in Chris Aarhus' "Winter Gains Class" held at Trisition Area's shop. I highly recommend taking a look at this class next year to keep those legs moving. The class takes the good things about a spin class (the people and instructor to motivate you and make it fun to be cycling indoors) and combines it with what triathletes need (workouts that create/reinforce sound technique, fitness, and actually build from one week to the next). So thank you Chris, Carlos, Erin, Michelle, Mick, Vish, Corwin, Dawn and the rest of the regulars for giving me a push each week; I'm looking forward to seeing good results. Those result leads me to the next half of this blog title, "Racing Gains".

I'm excited to start heading into the next chapter of my training plan where I start to race. This weekend I'm planning on racing The Blue Norther Du. This is my first time racing the Blue Norther but I've heard great things and am excited to kick off my multisports season in Seguin. My approach to this race is to practice and fine tune racing for my bigger events coming up in April. Nothing simulates racing better than racing! Once April hits I've got a full serving of races until August where I'll regroup a little and hopefully finish out the season on a high note in the Fall. That's really my goal this season is to continue to improve and climb the pro ranks, no where to go but up! Hope to see you all at Blue Norther this weekend and best of luck for a great race!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts